Spaghetti can be made and eaten in different ways.
You can eat; spaghetti and meatballs, white spaghetti and sauce, jollof spaghetti, spaghetti Bolognese, don’t worry in due time you shall be a master at making awesome dishes.
Ingredients The ingredients you use would depend on the money available and resources at your disposal
- Onions( for the onion lovers you can use a whole bulb if u want, and for the non-onion lovers half onions would give you the same effect)
- Curry( this is very effective in making an amazing fried rice, especially if u don’t have much money to buy chicken or you don’t have chicken stock)
- Spaghetti one pack or half pack
- Salt ,magii,
- Fish or meat (optional)
- Scotch bonnet pepper 5 pieces ( In Nigeria u can either use rodo or tatashe, they would give u different results of course but they would give the red color in the food).
- 5 pieces of Carrots ( carrot is very important in making fried rice because it brings out a unique colour)
- Green peas( you need very little of this especially if u aren’t a green peas lover, you can buy from the mallams in Nigeria though theirs are very hard but they are cheaper and still give unique results.) Do u have a can of green peas in your kitchen? Don’t worry u can use that too.
- Green pepper ( this is also adding to the green color of the rice, two large bell peppers is enough or three small ones)
- Groundnut oil/ olive oil
- Chicken stock ( if u have this, you should use some of it, not too much though just half cup of it is okay, please note if you are using chicken stock you should reduce the quantity of salt used.
Equipment/utensils;Pot, knife, seive, spoon, sauce pan
- if you have meat you want to use, Boil and season your meat using a pinch of salt, a cube of magii, onions, ginger and garlic.
- while the meat is boiling, dice your vegetables ( carrots, green peas, onions, pepper)
- after 15-20min, check if the meat is soft, remove the meat in a bowl
- per boil the spaghetti for 7minutes to remove the starch( this is optional you may decide not to perboil it, you would still get an amazing result, if you aren’t perboiling the spaghetti jump to step 5
- Transfer perboiled spaghetti or pour the spaghetti if u aren’t perboiling into the meat stock and cook for 7 to 10 minute (Do not add salt or anything to the spaghetti because the stock already has salt)
- If u aren’t using chicken stock, pour spaghetti into a pot of boiling water and cook it
- Dice the meat/ sausages into tiny pieces
- Check your spaghetti to see if it’s edible, if it is seive it and place separately
- Fry your ingredients starting with the hard ones like carrot first, add the other ingredients into the oil . ( Use a minimum amount of oil to prevent it from being oily, make sure the ingredients is more than the oil, stir continuously while frying to prevent it from burning)
- After 3-5 minutes, add curry and two cubes of magii to the ingredients and stir
- Pour the spaghetti in it and stir
- Fried spaghetti is ready for consumption
Note for this dish I used cowhide also known as ponmo in Nigeria ( if u want to use this just boil with salt)
For this dish, I used sausages, (all you have to do is fry it with the carrots)